Keeping track of your sims
ani_
Chatting more on forums than real life.

Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 375 in 389 posts
Keeping track of your sims
Do you keep track of your Sims? If yes, how? Do you use some of the spesifically made programs like Sims 2 DB, or the newer Sim Tracker, or are your notes scattered on pieces of paper around your gaming computer. Also, if you track, what do you track? what type of info do you feel is needed?

I have one excel where I keep track of all my Sims.

On one page I have listed all the families, and all the Sims. The only thing I keep track off, is their age. This I did mostly so I know what family is next in rotation, and so I can have a list of Sims and households when I need to roll the ROS.

The excel also has one sheet where I track loans, who owes the town and how much, how much have they paid back, and how much is remaining. Also my town took a loan from Sim world, so I need to keep track on how much the city is still in debt.

One sheet is for uni and majors.

I'll probably need to start also adding uni degrees on the sim list, so I know who has graduated and from where.

The excel also has my ROS list, and the current ROS that has been rolled for this round.

The list of Sims and households, are only currently living Sims. The deceased get removed, so basically there is no record keeping of the dead.

Currently I'm working on adding one sheet where I would have city-law info. Like what is the punishment for certain actions. how much are the fines, and how much tax do people pay.

02-25-2012 07:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Jade
I am a PROUD TOMATO MOTHER!

Thanks Given: 1,446
Thanks Received: 892 in 1,033 posts
RE: Keeping track of your sims
I used to have an excel spreadsheet when I played my TS2 BaCC so I could keep track of when community lots and careers opened up but I abandoned it many moons ago. I'd actually like to do something similar in TS3, like Lemonjelly with her excellent Twinbrook project but it feels so overwhelming!

Oops! Forgot to add, I love your idea of fines for punishments!
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2012 08:51 PM by Jade.)
02-25-2012 08:50 PM
ATS Sandy
Sims Daily Darling

Thanks Given: 1,513
Thanks Received: 3,075 in 4,936 posts
I have a FileMaker database, but I don't update it enough, so it's kind of silly. Now that I'm using it to know how old are my Sims, I hope to keep it on date more seriously.

The really needed informations, to me, are:
- name ( Chuckle ), age type, career, traits, family, diploma (which is empty for everyone, but will be filled when my student graduate). I'm adding now to essential informations zodiacal sign, year of birth, and then age.

I had began to fill the preferences (music, food, color), but I don't really care about these ones. I pay no attention to the LTW, so sometimes it's filled, sometimes it's not, and I don't care.

I have also fields for skills, but that's typically the ones I don't update, and there's so many skills nowadays (I began my database at Sims 3 release). I also have fields for friends, romance & ennemies, but I don't fill these neither. Dunno
Worse: I have a field for pictures that I haven't updated!! Face Palm So, on the example below, the Lanoix twins have still their toddlers faces, though they're now 8. Blush It's in french, but it gives you an idea.
The month and year at the bottom (february 2007) is the moment I'm playing. When I change the date here, it updates all the ages of my Sims.

[Image: database.jpg]

02-26-2012 12:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
lemonjelly
Kick-arse condiment
Moderators

Thanks Given: 3,921
Thanks Received: 2,115 in 2,282 posts
I keep track of my sims by posting them here :)

02-26-2012 12:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
mmmcheezy225
EZ Cheez

Thanks Given: 653
Thanks Received: 760 in 1,162 posts
I have a similar system with Lemon, I keep track of my sims via my blog. Giggle That sims tracker looks pretty interesting though. It's not in any way connected to the *actual* game, right? If not, I might just use it for my sims...

02-26-2012 03:47 AM
Rachel
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Thanks Given: 251
Thanks Received: 244 in 470 posts
I have a similar system to you, Ani. I have one Excel file with lots of different sheets. There I keep track of my playables and non-playables, as well as various pages of notes on aging, groups or organisations I've set up in game and other things I need to remember! I always have it open when I'm playing so I can see at a glance how old a certain Sim is, or what career they're in.

"What's a Charleston?" Pick Nose
02-26-2012 05:23 AM
ATS Sandy
Sims Daily Darling

Friends We need more nerds to prove our sanity!

02-26-2012 06:11 AM
Lilymayrose
Sassypants

Thanks Given: 543
Thanks Received: 670 in 983 posts
I can't keep track of my next thought, let alone a sim. Though I have attempted (on paper) to keep track of sim families in Twinbrook whilst I continue (not) to set the neighbourhood up.

I'm gonna go back to the top of this page and click on that sim tracker link - I've no idea what it is.

(02-26-2012 06:11 AM)ATS Sandy Wrote:  Friends We need more nerds to prove our sanity!

There's just no way that's possible.

[Image: LilysSimanticsHeader600.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2012 06:21 AM by Lilymayrose.)
02-26-2012 06:19 AM
ani_
Chatting more on forums than real life.

Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 375 in 389 posts
(02-26-2012 12:35 AM)ATS Sandy Wrote:  I had began to fill the preferences (music, food, color), but I don't really care about these ones. I pay no attention to the LTW, so sometimes it's filled, sometimes it's not, and I don't care.

I have also fields for skills, but that's typically the ones I don't update, and there's so many skills nowadays (I began my database at Sims 3 release). I also have fields for friends, romance & ennemies, but I don't fill these neither. Dunno

Last spring I started coding a TS3 Sim database, It was super fun to code, and I had fun thinking of all the things to track. I had it in Beta phase, where all but one feature was implemented, and it needed for me to use it on my own Sims so I can see the bugs and such.

But while it was fun to make, the actual process of using it, was not my thing at all. Keeping track of skills, josb, friends, family, traits, favourites. It was too tedious.

Quote:Worse: I have a field for pictures that I haven't updated!! Face Palm So, on the example below, the Lanoix twins have still their toddlers faces, though they're now 8.
lol That's exactly what happened with my database. Updating the images is such a none task, yet I almost never got it done, and most my people had really old images in their records, if they had an image at all.

I do have plans on finishing it some day, but it would be so silly to make a product I won't be using myself because I find tracking so much info too much Face Palm

At the same time, I find it it intregueing that some people can keep such detailed recodes, and wish I was one of them.

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2012 06:49 AM by ani_.)
02-26-2012 06:47 AM
ATS Sandy
Sims Daily Darling

lol Yes, I'm the same. I had a lot of fun at doing the database, at creating scripts & calculation fields, but then, it's a bit a hassle to keep updated. When I fiddled with the age yesterday night, I noticed that I even have some Sims who don't have any entry! Face Palm
So, I think I'll stick to the informations I mentioned above as being important.

02-26-2012 07:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

This site is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts

website security